Goodbye Girls | TV

08:00



I may be deflowered but I am not devalued. – Shoshanna


A couple of weeks ago now, one of my favourite TV shows ended. After 6 seasons of brilliant and amazing tele it's all over and I'm so sad that it's over.

Girls was never an easy watch, most times it was awkward, brutal and uncomfortable, however the root of all of those feelings was because Girls was probably one of the most realistic shows out there. It showed 4 women of this current generation living in New York, and it showed them in the most realistic way possible. They were selfish, self centred, sickeningly optimistic of what they could achieve and then when they couldn't achieve that, they wrote about it or brought any situation back to themselves. It makes you think why would you watch something like this, and deep down it's because we are all partly like these characters in some way.

Each relationship in Girls was so incredibly raw, the most obvious being Hannah and Adam's, which is throughout the show and made me absolutely adore Adam Driver, who is an amazing actor. He really turned it round throughout the seasons and made this hard to like character who is a bit odd and eccentric one of the most adorable and sweet characters. 

The other main relationship being the four girls, and how their relationships break down when they find new men and the arguments they share. In episode 9 of the final season, you can see how much each character has grown and become a more real version of themselves, and sometimes this means not having the same friends as you did 6 seasons ago, however no matter what that history was always there even if each person is now dancing to their own rhythm.

One thing Girls will definitely remembered for is the main character, Hannah Horvath. Lena Dunham has created an absolutely amazing character in Hannah, and I relate a lot with her. That's not always a good thing, because everyone says how incredibly selfish Hannah is and most of the time she's not a good person, however I find parts of myself in her and it's amazing to watch. Hannah gave me so much more self awareness of myself, of how much you weigh and the confidence to wear cute playsuits and crop tops because they look cute af and who says you can't wear them. Hannah just wants to be a writer at the end of the day, something which I've always aspired to be.

I am really going to miss watching Girls. It's something I will definitely rewatch in a few years and I will definitely be waiting to see what is next for Lena Dunham. In the mean time, if you haven't given Girls a watch I would highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.

Have you watched Girls? What did you think?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe