Product Review: Bleach London Total Bleach Kit

11:00


A few months ago I bought the total bleach kit from boots, after having an ok experience with their semi-permanent colour and not being able to go to have my hair done professionally every 8 weeks or so.

The kit includes 2 sachets of bleaching powder, a small bottle of developing lotion, gloves, a small bowl and a mask to use after you've shampooed the hair. I would suggest possibly using a bigger bowl though as this one is quite small and can easily tip over if you aren't careful.

Perhaps a silly mistake, however in the months I had this in my room I lost the instruction leaflet, so didn't have that however we still tried it anyway as I was hating the way my roots looked and was just very good at chopping the top of my hair off in photos.

We left the product on my hair for 20 minutes, as the ends of my hair were still quite blond, and it was only really the roots that needed doing. I think next time we would leave it on for possibly 30-40 minutes (or whatever the instructions say!) as the roots came out a little darker than I wanted.

However, apart from the roots being a little ginger I am really happy with how it turned out. I don't think the mask was very good, however maybe I didn't use enough but I had to rewash my hair as after combing and drying it, it felt like straw. Luckily with a wash after it feels back to normal. 

I would happily buy this product again (and probably will) as it's perfect for a cheaper alternative to going to the hairdressers. I'm sure with some more practise, I can get it looking exactly how I want but for now I'm just so glad my roots have gone!

Have you used this product before? What do you think?

P.S - a FOTD of the after photo will be posted on Friday!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Oh wow the before and after is amazing - it looks so good xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My roots were really bad before aha x

      Delete
  2. Definitely suits you being a blondie, and love love love your makeup on that picture too haha :)

    http://noirettediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I don't think I'd ever go brunette again! Also thank you, a FOTD will be posted Friday with that look :) x

      Delete
  3. Wow, your hair looks amazing blonde. I always have such trouble dying my hair at home so I might give this a go!

    www.ellenwarnerxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your hair came out, the color is nice and bright. Your hair looks really healthy too! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall have to try this out!

    It's getting too expensive to go to the hairdressers to get my hair done every 6 weeks or so, but I have been too scared to do my hair at home in case it goes horribly wrong! I shall investigate next time I am in boots!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe