The Big One: Prom

10:00


Prom is a wonderfully, stressful time of glitter, dresses, bobby pins and celebrations. I went to my prom in high school and remember crying because the strapless bra I was meant to wear didn't stick like it said it would. (After my mum went in a week later, we got our money back and the sales assistant completely understood). I didn't go to my final prom however and I don't really feel I missed out. 

For me, I think prom is a very American occasion and doesn't have the same effect on Brits. We don't have the big limos, the months of searching for a dress or the big question of being asked on a date to prom. But, putting all cynicism aside prom is the time to really doll up, and that I can understand and take pleasure in.

Above is a few looks from pinterest that I found inspiring. I think prom should be all about the glitter. A sparkle-y smokey eye, false lashes and you are on the way. For an alternative I also love the blue liner on the waterline at the moment aswell. Now, below is 4 palettes I've picked out because I think they would be perfect for getting you ready for prom!

It's been a couple of months since I got this palette but I still adore it. The shades are gorgeous, the pigmentation is great and the range of looks you can create it unlimited. I've been really enjoying a few of the darker shades and going for a purple-y eye instead, but it's perfect for the pink/neutral prom look.
If your on more of a budget then I would definitely recommend Sleek. It's a brilliant drugstore brand, with a surprisingly amazing pigmentation. This palette has some similar colours to the Naked 3 and you can create some really soft looks in this palette. I'd also recommend some blushes from Sleek too as they are great.

This palette is definitely on my lust list. I don't really need any more palettes at the minute but I just sit and stare adoringly at my computer screen over this beauty. From swatches it looks really nice, and it's perfect if you are going for a shimmery eye look. I haven't tried any Stila products before but this would be my first.
Like Stila, I've never tried any products from theBalm but this palette just looks lovely. I really like the redder shades and would love to try those out. Plus, I love the whole cheeky packaging and the way it mixes up shimmers and mattes perfectly.

Those are my picks of perfect palettes for prom!

What do you think? What is/was your prom look?




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe