The Theory of Everything Movie Review | FILM

09:00


Recently I went to see the Theory of Everything in cinema. It stars Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones and is the story of Stephen Hawking and his wife Jane Hawking. 

I really enjoyed this film. I didn't have any real expectations for the film as I hadn't seen that many reviews, but heard from others it was good and it's got quite a monopoly of BAFTA noms. 

The film is fantastic. If you don't know that much about Stephen Hawking it doesn't matter as it's about the relationships and story if this incredible man's journey who went from being told he had two years to live to being able to conquer so much. I really enjoyed how much it focused on the relationship, and how it showed Jane's struggle with caring for Stephen aswell as 3 children. 

If you are going to see this film for one reason apart from the story, let that be the acting. The acting is absolutely phenomenal and I was completely blown away by Eddie Redmayne. Felicity Jones was really good at showing emotion and struggle however Eddie completely flawed me. I was not expecting so much from him, even though I've seen him in other things before and enjoyed it. The way he managed to contort his body in the wheelchair and play the role with such respect and still show Stephen's humour and more sensitive side was incredible. I honestly had my eye on Michael Keaton for best actor but I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie gets a couple, because he completely deserves it.

Overall I really enjoyed this film and would definitely recommend it. It was such a lovely film, with sad and happy moments combined. Definitely give it a watch!

★★★★☆

Have you seen The Theory of Everything? What did you think?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe