Couscous with broccoli and tuna salad | FOOD

09:00

One of my favourite things to eat is tuna. I love the taste, it's quick and easy to put with something and you can make great salads with it. I often include it in a salad if I'm not having chicken and this recipe is one of my favourites as it's quick, simple and you can make quite a bit (like myself) and leave it to chill for later in the week.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup couscous (1 cup if you are doing more than one meals worth)
1 Lemon
1/3 red, yellow and orange pepper
1 broccoli
1 small can of tinned tuna
salt & pepper to season.


1. Firstly I boil my kettle while chopping my broccoli up. I love broccoli as it's super healthy and easy to cook. Add it into a pan and use enough water to cover it, adding salt and leaving to boil.
2. Add 1/2 cup of couscous to a small bowl and then add 1/2 cup boiling water over the top. (If using 1 cup then add 1 cup of water). Honestly, couscous can be a bitch to get right and I've struggled a bit but this has been the safest method without making it too watery. Add the juice of 1 lemon to the couscous and sprinkle over salt and pepper. Put a lid (I use a plate) over the top.
3. While waiting for your couscous and broccoli, make up your salad items. I think this is quite filling so only use a bit of red, yellow and orange peppers, as the green isn't as sweet as those. Chop into small chunks. If you are making it for a meal later in the week, you can always add more salad items if needed. 
4. After about 10 minutes, drain your broccoli in a colander and fluff up the couscous.
5. In a bigger bowl, add half the couscous, half the broccoli and half the peppers. Open your tuna tin and add in around half, mixing together with a fork. Then add the other half of all the ingredients and mix together again. 
Then enjoy!

 What do you add in to make a great salad?




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe