The Big One: Festival Edit

09:00


Festivals are a crazy, exciting time and over the past few years have become more and more fashionable. I've never actually been to a festival, I was going to Download this year however not anymore, but one year I will take the plunge! I have however taken the time to do some research and find a few affordable looks, make up and outfits to possible take with you on your trip. Don't forget to check back in the upcoming weeks for more of 'holiday' edits!

The first look above is a little more rocky/folky than the second one. It's mainly based around the shirt (£32) which I absolutely love, and looks perfect for festivals. I would pair this with these acid wash shorts (£40) if it was a hot day, and maybe just black jeans if it was cooler or rainy. For an accessory I think this choker necklace (£8) works really well. Plus, I saw these ankle wellies  (£15.99) while browsing from New Look and had to add them. On the website they also come in a pink, but I think these look comfy with the added security of the wellie material, but not the restraint you sometimes get with longer wellies where you can't bend your legs!

Look number 2 is a little more girly, and probably more versatile than the other outfit which has quite statement pieces, however this you could mix and match and create a few different looks from. The main part of the look would be the giant flower headband (£12) which I love for summer however the fact that it's oversized makes it perfect for festival wear. These shorts (£25) add a girly touch to the outfit, and paired with the flowers would look really nice. I also think the fact that they are slightly high waisted means it goes well with the crop top (£12.99) as you won't be afraid of a little belly showing, or you could tuck the very ends into the shorts. 

As for make up, you don't want to be taking a whole array of blushes, palettes and brushes. I've picked some items out that are perfect for festivals, as you can fit them in your handbag, 3 are cheap and cheerful so it's not too important if you lose it or break them, and you can still create some versatile looks. 

I've started with the Benefit big easy complexion perfecter (£27.50) I think this looks really good as it's jam packed with SPF (35) so will protect you from the sun, it's not too much hassle to apply and is great with just fingers, plus the complexion perfecter part will help as  you may not be getting all the right nutrients and moisture that you may do at home. As for eyes, I've got two here, the first is the Maybelline colour tattoo (£4.99) which is perfect when applied with fingers, lasts for ages and has a great colour range to choose from. My other option is this Rimmel 5 pan palette (£6.99) which has some lovely colours in, you can create a range of different looks and even use a brown shade as a contour if you needed too! For lips I've chose the Revlon lip butter (£7.99) which is moisturising, buildable on colour and easy to apply without a mirror. All of these with your usual mascara and you are done!

I hoped you enjoyed reading this edit, I've really enjoyed researching and creating it for you, and remember to look out for others which will be coming in the future few weeks!

Are you going to any festivals this year? What will you be wearing?





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe