The OSCARS 2014 - My predictions

10:00


I am always a huge fan of the awards seasons, and the Oscars is by far one of my favourites. It's the big one that everyone has been waiting for, and this year I'm so excited to watch Ellen DeGeneres host. Here are my predictions, for some I am doing two answers though, what I think will win and what I want to win. Of course, the academy demographic is usually male, white and over a certain age, however there is always a couple of shocks, take Argo last year for example. Anyway:

Best Picture
“12 Years a Slave”
“American Hustle”
“Captain Phillips”
“Dallas Buyers Club”
“Gravity”
“Her”
“Nebraska”
“Philomena”
“The Wolf of Wall Street”

What I think will win: 12 years a slave What I want to win: Dallas Buyers Club                   This one is a little obvious I think, it's won best picture at everything else and it is well deserving. I am rather proud of myself this year, I haven't seen 3 of the films nominated yet and I'm seeing Her next week. However, I'd prefer Dallas Buyers Club to win as it stuck with me more than 12 years.

Best Director
David O. Russell, “American Hustle”
Alfonso Cuaron, “Gravity”
Alexander Payne, “Nebraska”
Steve McQueen, “12 Years a Slave”
Martin Scorsese, “The Wolf of Wall Street”

Who I think will win: Alfonso Cuaron - Gravity Who I want to win: Steve McQueen - 12 years a slave
I think visually Gravity is flawless and a lot of people thinks a director just directs the actors, but the work involved behind the scenes is what turned Gravity into such an amazing film. However, I think Steve McQueen better directed his actors than Cuaron did with Sandra Bullock.

Best Actor
Christian Bale, “American Hustle”
Bruce Dern, “Nebraska”
Leonardo DiCaprio, “The Wolf of Wall Street”
Chiwetel Ejiofor, “12 Years a Slave”
Matthew McConaughey, “Dallas Buyers Club”

Who I think will win: Matthew McConaughey - Dallas Buyers Club
I both think and want Matthew to win this award. I think he deserves it as what he went through physically was amazing and he poured his heart out in this role. As much as it breaks me to think that Leo won't be winning this award, Matthew was much better played. But, my theory is Leo will soon win lifetime achievement. 

Best Supporting Actress
Lupita Nyong’o, “12 Years a Slave”
Jennifer Lawrence, “American Hustle”
June Squibb, “Nebraska”
Julia Roberts, “August: Osage County”
Sally Hawkins, “Blue Jasmine”

Who I think will win: Jennifer Lawrence - American Hustle
I think this award is very tricky this year, as although I said Jennifer Lawrence, she only won best actress last year so it might be too soon. I haven't seen the last 3 films on here either, but I think it might be too early for Lupita to win one.

Best Supporting Actor
Barkhad Abdi, “Captain Phillips”
Bradley Cooper, “American Hustle”
Michael Fassbender, “12 Years a Slave”
Jonah Hill, “The Wolf of Wall Street”
Jared Leto, “Dallas Buyers Club”

Who I think will win: Michael Fassbender  Who I want to win: Jared Leto
I think this category is a little tougher, but I think Michael Fassbender may snag it. It's honestly a toss up though between him and Jared and both are equally deserving. Jared won at the Golden Globes and Barkhad won at the BAFTA's which is amazing since it's his first role he's played. 

Best Actress
Amy Adams, “American Hustle”
Cate Blanchett, “Blue Jasmine”
Sandra Bullock, “Gravity”
Judi Dench, “Philomena”
Meryl Streep, “August: Osage County”

Who I think will win:  Cate Blanchett
She's won everything else for her role in this film, and I really want to see why although I've not actually seen any trailers or adverts in the UK for it. I think it's almost definite she will win, with a possible surprise from Amy Adams but unlikely.


I'm going to stop here before this post gets too long, but these are the main awards. Other technical awards I'm sure will go to Gravity, and maybe a couple of production design awards for The Great Gatsby. 

Who do you think will win this year?

Emma
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe