Netflix Pick: Bates Motel

08:00


You may or may not have noticed that my blog has been slacking on Friday posts. Well, that's because before hand I was trying to keep them to face of the days, but in all honesty I haven't been wearing make up that often to give my skin a break, and when I do it's just winged eyes and the usual. So, I've decided in the weeks when I'm boring, and until I become more adventurous with my make up, Friday's can also be my pick of Netflix.

If you don't follow me on twitter, you probably won't know that my boyfriend is a complete babe and left his netflix signed in (on purpose) for me to use. He knows that since I'm waiting for pay day, I don't go out too much and I have a little habit for starting 4 new shows at once.

I love TV. I'm more of a fan of the American shows - and am planning a post of my favourite shows/best picks. There was one year where I literally wrote up a schedule in my week days so I didn't forget what TV shows I'd seen and hadn't. Unfortunately, How I met your mother and The Office US ended so I've had more spare time, and I've been filling it wisely.

Recently I watched the first season of Bates Motel on netflix and then binged watched all 10 episodes a little too fast. There is two seasons, netflix doesn't yet have it. :(

Bates Motel is a sort of prequel to Alfred Hitchcock's movie Psycho. If you haven't seen it, it's about a lady who stays in a motel for a night after stealing a large amount of money, and the owner is a young man called Norman Bates, and his mother. It's brilliant and definitely worth a watch, but dear god do not watch the Vince Vaughn remake. 

You don't need to see Psycho to watch Bates Motel, although I would advise it as it's a lot more enjoyable. The first season in a nutshell is Norma and Norman Bates move to a small town where Norma begins to run a motel business after Norman's dads death. That's all you are getting out of me as I really don't want to spoil too much.

I really love the actors. Vera Farmiga plays Norma, and Freddie Highmore plays Norman. I think they got the casting perfect with Freddie, he looks like Anthony Perkins who plays Norman in the film, and really plays the role well.

It is a gripping show. I really like the family connections and how crazy yet at points normal the relationship is. It's added some really great characters who you don't expect from the film - such as Norman's brother, and I really like showing Norman going through high school and how different he is to the other teens, yet still forms relationships with them.

Overall it's had a brilliant first season and I'm not so patiently waiting for Netflix to get round to the second - my tip would be try not to watch them as fast as I did!

Have you seen Bates Motel? What do you think?



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post dear!:).
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe