Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Review

09:00


Animal Crossing Pocket Camp is the new mobile game from Nintendo. It's free to download and pay, with the option of in app purchases for leaf tickets which allow you to speed up crafting items and get more fish/bugs instead of waiting for them.

I'm a huge animal crossing fan and have been for years. I used to play wild world on the DS, city folk on the wii and most recently new leaf for the 3DS. It's an open ended simulation game and easy to play for all ages. In Pocket camp, you come to town as the new campsite manager, and have to complete requests for your campers and other animals visiting the area in order to gain resources and build friendships which then builds your level up.


You can complete requests for animals by fishing, collecting shells or fruit and catching bugs. You see what items they want from the map and if you build up a collection in your pockets you can complete 2 or 3 requests easily for one animal instead of going back and forth to find the items. 

Once you have done this a few times, you'll have built up a friendship with the animal and can invite them to your campsite. Now, these animals are quite picky with their taste so even if you've given them 4 squid and 20 pears, they still won't visit until you've got a whole polka dot decor going on which really messes with the aesthetic of a natural campsite! Luckily you can auto arrange which means once you've crafted everything you can invite the animal, then remove all the tacky decor after they've left.


I think Nintendo have done an excellent job with this game so far. At no point have I felt a need to pay to improve the game, as I'm happy to wait for items to be crafted as it means I can complete more requests and build up my resources in between. I've met a couple of characters that I haven't seen in ages which brought so much nostalgia, and I've heard they are already looking at bringing in more characters.

I also like that you can spend as much or as little time on it as you like. So far I've not had any notifications, and I can spend a good 30 mins on it or as little as 2 mins if I'm just checking what clothes are at the shop or if there's any requests I can complete without having to go and collect things.


I hope once they build the game up more they involve more locations, such as a city as I do miss collecting items for the museum and different characters such as Redd. I'd recommend the game to anyone whose previously played animal crossing or those new to it - you'll instantly love it's cuteness and calming features. Playing it again makes me remember how much it used to help my anxiety as I could get lost in the game for hours. 

It's available to download from the app store! 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe