The Big Sick Movie review | FILM

09:00


The Big Sick is based on the true story of comedian Kumail Nanjiani and Emily Gardiner and follows how they fell in love despite culture clashes and mysterious illnesses.

So far this is my favourite comedy of 2017. I think the fact that it's a true story really helps, and secondly the fact that Kumail is playing himself which I think is really cool and sweet. I love the cast and they all have great chemistry which is lovely to see and goes well with the story.

The film isn't overly funny which is good because when it's meant to be funny, for example the scene at the comedy club when people are performing works because it's in the right setting, however then when the scenes are in the hospital and back stage it's more realistic that full laugh-out-loud humour.

That being said, I think if you are from a Pakistani background like Kumail or the same sort of culture with arranged marriages or pushy protective parents, this might be more humourous for you because you can relate to that side of the story more as well rather than just imagining it.

I think it would be hard to dislike this film. It's a really cute, funny and charming movie and I'm so glad it's pushed Kumail's career further because he is really funny.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe