Movie Review: Pride

08:30


This weekend my boyfriend and I went to the cinema to see the film Pride. He told me not to look at anything about it, or watch any trailers but that it's got 97% on rotten tomatoes. I went in not knowing anything about this film.

The film is based on the true story of the miner's strike during Thatchers' time as Prime Minister, and how a lesbian and gay community helped raise money and attention to a small welsh town, struggling from the strike.

This film is absolutely brilliant and I'd say it's one of my favourites of the year. It actually made me cry twice which is normal for a film to do once, but twice is rare. It's very funny in all the right moments, but sad and moving in others. It's got some great British actors in and the chemistry between the whole cast feels very real.

I'm really glad my boyfriend and I went to see this film, and I'd recommend it to everyone. You don't need to know too much about the actual story and it might even make you cry too!

★★★★★

Have you seen this film? What did you think?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe