Chef Movie Review | FILM

09:20


Recently I went to see Chef in cinema. It is written, directed and starring Jon Favreau as Carl Casper, a chef who works in a restaurant that no matter how hard he tries, he's not allowed to cook his own menu. After getting a terrible online review for his food, he breaks and quits his job, and begins to sell his own food on a food truck, while making his way across America.

The storyline is quite simple, and it has family matters, friendship and overall, doing what you love. I did enjoy this film, even though it's a little longer than it needed to be. I don't think it needed the huge cast it has, for example Scarlett Johansson got about 10 minutes of screen time, and Robert Downey Jr. got about 5.

The main thing for me about this film was the food. The cooking scenes and preparation were absolutely gorgeous, and you could definitely find yourself drooling over some of the shots. Do not go into this film hungry! I went in with nachos that I ate throughout the adverts, and yet was still hungry after the film.

Overall I would recommend this film. Jon Favreau was very believable as a chef, it has funny moments and the music will get you tapping your feet!

★★★☆☆



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe